This 3-day course immerses learners in the overall concepts, processes, policies and methods associated with the Service Transition phase of the Service Lifecycle. The course covers the management and control of the activities and techniques within the Service Transition stage, but not the detail of each of the supporting processes. This course is designed using an engaging scenario-based approach to teach the core disciplines of the ITIL best practice and positions the learners to successfully complete the associated exam.
The course is of interest to individuals who require understanding of the ITIL Service Transition phase of the ITIL core lifecycle and how it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service provisioning within an organization. In addition, the course is of special interest for ITIL Foundation certified professionals extending their qualifications to ITIL Expert (and later ITIL Master) level for which this qualification is a prerequisite.
- Release Manager
- Configuration Manager
- Change Manager
- IT Consultants
- IT Audit Manager
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the importance of Service Management as a Practice concept.
- Understand the importance of the principles, purpose, and objectives of Service Transition.
- Learn how all processes in Service Transition interact with other Service Lifecycle processes.
- Recognize the sub processes, activities, methods, and functions used in each Service Transition process.
- Recognize the roles and responsibilities within Service Transition and the activities and functions required to achieve operational excellence.
- Learn how to measure Service Transition.
- Understand the technology and implementation considerations surrounding Service Transition.
- Outline the challenges, Critical Success Factors (CSFs), and Risks associated with Service Transition.
Participants need to have the ITIL Foundation certificate. In addition, around 2 years of IT experience is recommended.
ITIL Credit System
Under the ITIL Credit System, you must earn a number of credits from each ITIL certification to progress to the next level within the ITIL scheme.
The ST module is worth three credits towards the minimum of 17 required to progress to the Managing Across the Lifecycle module, which is the final step before the ITIL Expert Level.