This 3-day course immerses learners in the overall concepts, processes, policies and methods associated with the Service Strategy phase of the Service Lifecycle. The course covers the management and control of the activities and techniques within the Service Strategy stage, but not the detail of each of the supporting processes. This course is designed using an engaging scenario-based approach to learning the core disciplines of the ITIL best practice and positions the student to successfully complete the associated exam.
- Individuals who have their ITIL Foundation Certificate
- Individuals who require a deeper understanding of the Service Strategy stage of the Service Lifecycle and how activities in this Lifecycle stage may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization
- IT professionals working in roles associated with strategic planning, execution and control within a service-based business model, seeking an understanding of the concepts, processes, functions and activities involved in Service Strategy
- Individuals seeking the ITIL Expert certification in IT Service Management for which this qualification is one of the prerequisite modules
- Individuals seeking progress towards the ITIL Master in IT Service Management for which the ITIL Expert is a prerequisite
- A typical role includes (but is not restricted to): CIOs, CTOs, managers, supervisory staff, team leaders, designers, architects, planners, IT consultants, IT audit managers, IT security managers, service test managers and ITSM trainers involved in the management, coordination and integration of strategy activities within the Service Lifecycle
- At the end of this course, the learner will gain competencies in:
- Understanding Service Management as a Practice and Service Strategy principles, purpose and objective
- Understanding how all Service Strategy processes interact with other Service Lifecycle processes
- The activities, methods and functions used in each of the Service Strategy processes
- The roles and responsibilities within Service Strategy and the activities and functions to achieve operational excellence
- How to measure Service Strategy performance
- Understanding technology and implementation requirements in support of Service Strategy
- The challenges, critical success factors and risks related with Service Strategy
Candidates for this course must hold an ITIL® Foundation Certificate. In addition, around 2 years of IT experience is highly desirable.
Under the ITIL Credit System, you must earn a number of credits from each ITIL certification to progress to the next level within the ITIL scheme.
The SS module is worth three credits towards the minimum of 17 required to progress to the Managing Across the Lifecycle module, which is the final step before the ITIL Expert Level.