This 3-day course immerses participants in the overall concepts, processes, policies and methods associated with the Service Operation module of the ITIL Intermediate Service Lifecycle. The course covers the management and control of the activities and techniques within the Service Operation stage, but not the detail of each of the supporting processes. This course is designed using an engaging scenario-based approach to learning the core disciplines of the ITIL best practice and positions the student to successfully complete the associated ITIL® Service Operations Lifecycle exam. This course is of special interest for ITIL Foundation certified professionals extending their qualifications to ITIL Expert (and later ITIL Master) level for which this qualification is a prerequisite.
- Release Manager
- Security Administrator
- Applications Support
- IT Operations Manager
- Database Administrator
- Problem Manager
- Service Desk and Incident Manager
- Network Support
- Security Manager
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the importance of Service Management as a practice.
- Understand the importance, principles, purpose, and objectives of Service Operation.
- Learn how all processes in Service Operation interact with other Service Lifecycle processes.
- Recognize the subprocesses, activities, methods, and functions used in each Service Operation
- Recognize the roles and responsibilities within Service Operation and the activities and functions necessary to achieve operational excellence.
- Learn how to measure Service Operation.
- Understand the technology and implementation considerations surrounding Service Operation.
- Outline the challenges, CSFs, and Risks associated with Service Operation.
Participants need to attain the ITIL® Foundation certificate. In addition, around 2 years of IT experience is desirable.
The exam format is as follows:
- Multiple choice examination questions
- Eight questions per paper
- 28 marks required to pass (out of 40 available) – 70%
- 90 minutes’ duration
- Closed book.
ITIL Credit System
Under the ITIL Credit System, you must earn a number of credits from each ITIL qualification to progress to the next level within the ITIL scheme.
The SO module is worth three credits towards the minimum of 17 required to progress to the Managing Across the Lifecycle module, which is the final step before the ITIL Expert Level.