This 5-day course immerses learners in the practical aspects of the ITIL Service Lifecycle and processes
associated with the Planning Protection and Optimization of services. The main focus of this course is on the operational-level process activities and supporting methods and approaches to executing these processes in a practical, hands-on learning environment. This training is intended to enable the holders of the certificate to apply the practices throughout the Service Management Lifecycle. This course is designed using an engaging scenario-based approach to learning the core disciplines of the ITIL best practice and positions the student to successfully complete the associated exam.
The Planning Protection and Optimization Capability course will be of interest to:
- Individuals who have their ITIL Foundation Certificate who want to purse the intermediate and advanced level ITIL certifications.
- Individuals who require a deeper understanding of the Planning Protection and Optimization processes and how these may be used and how these may be used to enhance the quality of IT service support within an organization, for example: operational staff involved in Capacity Management, Availability Management, IT Service Continuity Management, Information Security Management, Demand Management and Risk Management.
- IT professionals involved in IT Service Management implementation and improvement programs.
- A typical role includes (but is not restricted to): IT professionals, IT/business managers and IT/business process owners and IT practitioners.
Upon completion of this course and examination, the learner will gain competencies in:
- Understanding Service Management as a Practice and how the processes within Planning Protection and Optimization support the Service Lifecycle
- Knowing the important role of Planning Protection and Optimization in service provision and understanding of how the in-scope processes interact with other Service Lifecycle processes
- The activities, methods and functions used in each of the Planning Protection and Optimization processes
- The application of Planning Protection and Optimization processes, activities and functions to achieve operational excellence
- How to measure Planning Protection and Optimization performance
- The importance of IT Security and how it supports Planning Protection and Optimization
- Understanding technology and implementation requirements in support of Planning Protection and Optimization
- The challenges, critical success factors and risks related with Planning Protection and Optimization
Candidates for this course must:
- Hold an ITIL Foundation Certificate(holders of Foundation certificate from an earlier version of ITIL , e.g.: earlier ITIL qualifications, must pass the current ITIL Foundation exam before attending this course)
- There is no minimum mandatory requirement but 2 to 4 years professional experience working in IT Service Management is highly desirable
- It is also strongly recommended that candidates:
- Can demonstrate familiarity with IT terminology and understand the context of Planning Protection and Optimization management of their own business environment is strongly recommended.
- Have exposure working in the service management capacity within a service provider environment, with responsibility emphasizing on at least one of the following management processes:
- Capacity Management, Availability Management, IT Service Continuity Management (ITSCM), Information Security Management and Demand Management
The exam format is as follows:
- Multiple choice examination questions
- Eight questions per paper
- 28 marks required to pass (out of 40 available) – 70%
- 90 minutes’ duration
- Closed book.
ITIL Credit System
Under the ITIL Credit System, you must earn a number of credits from each ITIL certification to progress to the next level within the ITIL scheme.
The PPO module is worth four credits towards the minimum of 17 required to progress to the Managing Across the Lifecycle module, which is the final step before the ITIL Expert Level.